Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a daily meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  It highlights what newly released books us bloggers are most excited to read. 
Title: Girl Against the Universe
Author: Paula Stokes
Synopsis (via Goodreads): Maguire is bad luck. No matter how many charms she buys off the internet or good luck rituals she performs each morning, horrible things happen when Maguire is around. Like that time the rollercoaster jumped off its tracks. Or the time the house next door caught on fire. Or that time her brother, father, and uncle were all killed in a car crash—and Maguire walked away with barely a scratch. It’s safest for Maguire to hide out in her room, where she can cause less damage and avoid meeting new people who she could hurt. But then she meets Jordy, an aspiring tennis star. Jordy is confident, talented, and lucky, and he’s convinced he can help Maguire break her unlucky streak. Maguire knows that the best thing she can do for Jordy is to stay away. But it turns out staying away is harder than she thought. From author Paula Stokes comes a funny and poignant novel about accepting the past, embracing the future, and learning to make your own luck.
My Thoughts: This book just looks super cute.  I love how the girl on the cover isn't an actual model, but a drawing!  It took me a second to figure that one out... I'm hoping to get my hands on an eARC soon!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. That book sounds so good! Just added to my wishlist! Thanks for leaving a comment on my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy Paula Stokes book's and I have heard great thing about this one. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author, but it does sound good! Love that cover as well.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Liebster Award: 2016